Fifth Day: Editing Overview

February 25 / 2024

So far, my group partner and I are quite satisfied with the progress we've made in filming our project. We've been able to come to a consensus on the various shots we need to capture for our opening sequence, which is a relief. However, upon transferring the footage to our computer for editing, I noticed a slight change in lighting that obscured some of the props, making them less visible on camera. Furthermore, as I reviewed the footage, I observed that our actors weren't always reacting appropriately with their facial expressions to the unfolding events. For example, our antagonist is meant to initially appear as a good character before gradually revealing their evil intentions. However, during the editing process, it became apparent that the villain's malevolent nature was evident from the start, which affected the pacing and reveal of the plot. I had to work closely with the actors to adjust their performances to align with the intended character development. Additionally, I identified the need to make some adjustments to the duration of certain shots to ensure that our opening scene doesn't exceed the desired two-minute mark. This involved trimming down some shots and rearranging sequences to maintain a cohesive narrative flow. On a positive note, I found that having a portable tablet for editing greatly enhanced our workflow. Being able to manipulate footage with my finger on the editing program made the process much more convenient and efficient. My partner and I both agree that the iPad has been a valuable tool, allowing us to easily share and review content wirelessly, which has improved the transparency and accessibility of our collaboration. Overall, despite encountering some challenges along the way, such as lighting discrepancies and performance adjustments, we're pleased with the progress we've made thus far. We're only five days into the project, but it's been a relatively smooth journey thanks to effective communication and the use of helpful tools like the iPad.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Research: The Conjuring.

Title research: "Underwater"

Fourth Day: Editing starts