Eight Day: Film Review Edits

February 28 / 2024

Repeating again the speech taken from the last blog of the review done by my friend in which she stated the following: "I absolutely loved the title, Housekeeper, I just feel like it gave a suspenseful vibe like The Beekeeper. It was a type of one-word yet not a one-word title, and it made it very interesting. I also liked the slanted title design. However for the designs, instead of three, I wish it was two because I feel like the two bold choices, to use the simple bold with the more slanted one, and not the one all over the place. I liked the plot, it was pretty good. But you know, this is a high school film, and productions are not too perfect. Besides that, it's a really good film. It used a good amount of conventions. Definitely make sure to redo that opening focal point, to make it more clear that this is where the scene is taking place. Make sure that the audience knows what they are watching."

In response to her comment, we were happy that she enjoyed the title of our trailer. Her added explanation of how it gave a suspenseful vibe made us glad that our intention of using the title to convey suspense actually worked for the audience. She also liked our text types and how the slant of it added a feeling. Which is exactly what we wanted to convey. However she did disagree that instead of using three to just use two text types. So we decided to take away the more exaggerated one and to just keep the two simple bolded ones. Though she did enjoy our plot. However, she did state that no matter what that this is a highschool film so it won't ever be perfect. This kind of confused me and triggered me a bit but I just shrugged it off. We also had to make a few changes to the start. We needed to establish it better where we were shooting our film. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Research: The Conjuring.

Title research: "Underwater"

Fourth Day: Editing starts